Native American spiritual cleansing is a traditional healing practice that removes negative energy, balances the energies within and around us, and restores harmony and connection with nature.
Native American spiritual cleansing involves various techniques, including smudging, prayer, chanting, drumming, and bathing. These techniques are used to purify the mind, body, and soul and to release negative energy and emotions that may be causing physical or emotional distress.
Benefits of a Native American Spiritual Cleansing
Performing a Native American spiritual cleansing can have many benefits, including:
- Removing negative energy and emotional baggage
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Promoting physical and emotional healing
- Attracting positive energy and good luck
- Creating a peaceful and harmonious environment
Types of Native American Spiritual Cleansing
Native American spiritual cleansing involves a variety of techniques that can be used to purify the mind, body, and soul and to remove negative energy and emotions. Here are some of the most common methods:
Smudging involves burning herbs and using the smoke to purify oneself or a space. Sage, cedar, and sweetgrass are the most commonly used herbs for smudging, however other herbs, like lavender, rosemary, and juniper, can be used. To smudge yourself, light the herb bundle and use a feather or your hand to waft the smoke over your body, starting at the top of your head and moving down to your feet. To smudge a space, light the herb bundle and walk around the room, waving the smoke into all corners and areas.
Prayer and Chanting
Prayer and chanting are also powerful techniques for Native American spiritual cleansing. These practices help to focus the mind, calm the spirit, and connect with the divine. You can create your own prayer or chant or use a traditional one from a Native American tradition.
Drumming is another powerful technique for Native American spiritual cleansing. The rhythm of the drum helps to synchronize the brainwaves and induce a state of relaxation and trance. You can use a traditional drum or create your own by using a bucket or other object as a drum.
Ritual bathing is another common practice in Native American spiritual cleansing. This involves taking a bath with herbs, salts, or oils that are believed to have cleansing and purifying properties. Some common herbs and oils used in ritual bathing include lavender, rosemary, and eucalyptus.
How to Perform a Native American Spiritual Cleansing
- Sage, sweetgrass, or cedar
- A feather or fan
- A bowl of water
- A lighter or matches
- A shell or smudge pot
- A quiet and peaceful space
- Focus onn your goal and visualize the negative energy leaving your body or space. You can say a prayer or mantra to help you focus.
- Light the sage, sweetgrass, or cedar using a lighter or matches. Let the herbs burn for a few seconds, and then blow out the flame. It would be best if you had a smoldering smoke that you’ll use to cleanse.
- Hold the smudge pot or shell with one hand and use the feather or fan to direct the smoke toward your body. Start at your feet and move the smoke up towards your head. Be sure to cleanse the front and back of your body, as well as your arms and legs. Visualize the negative energy leaving your body and being replaced by positive energy.
- Move on to the space you want to purge. Use the feather or fan to direct the smoke toward each corner of the room. Be sure to cleanse all areas of the space, including closets, drawers, and under furniture. Visualize the negative energy leaving the space and being replaced by positive energy.
- Dip your fingers into the bowl of water and flick droplets around the space. This symbolizes the washing away of negative energy.
- Thank the spirits and the herbs for their help in the cleansing. You can say a prayer or express gratitude.
- Removing a Curse | Free Cleansing Spells you can try at home
- House Cleansing Ritual – Remove negative energy by smudging
- Powerful spiritual house cleansing spell to remove bad energies
- Spiritual Cleansing: A Complete Guide to Purify Your Soul